We don’t have air conditioning in our house so cooking on warm evenings can be rough! Who wants to heat up their house before going to bed and sleep in a super stuffy room?! I hate the heat so NOT me!! The Instant Pot is seriously the best cooking instrument EVER! It can literally cook anything, AND it cooks everything in a jiffy!!
Last night, I wanted to roast a chicken (which I usually do in the oven) but since it was already 80 degrees in the house, I decided to use the Instant Pot! The end result= the juiciest, fall off the bone, delicious chicken in..wait for it…..only 25 minutes!!!
Here’s how it’s done!
- 1 Whole Organic Chicken (Mine was around 4lbs)
- 1 1/2 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 TBSP Avocado oil (You can also use Coconut oil but it will change the flavor a bit)
- 1 Onion
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 Cup Chicken stock or broth
- Remove all parts from the chicken cavity- rinse and pat dry with a paper towel (my hubby who is a great cook, taught me that in order to have a moist chicken, you actually want to dry it really well after rinsing)
- Place the onion and lemon in the cavity of the chicken
- Combine all spices, including salt and paper, in a small bowl and stir
- Add the oil to the spices and stir
- Turn on your Instant Pot to preheat on the saute setting on normal
- Rub the oil mixture on the breast side of the chicken
- Place the chicken, breast side down in the Instant pot
- Rub the other half of the oil mixture on the other side of the chicken
- Crisp the breast side for 3-4 minutes
- Carefully flip the chicken over to the other side and crisp for 1 minute
- Add in chicken stock
- Place the lid on and lock it!
- Set to manual high pressure for 25 minutes
- Depressurize when cooking has completed
- Let chicken rest on a wooden cutting board for about 5 minutes before serving
Written by Kayla Rillie, RD
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Purchasing from these links help support our site, giving us a small commission without increasing the rate you pay. Thank you for your support of Nutrition Intuition.